Hubble Hyperbolic Newtonian Astrograph Optics:
- Hubble Optics has a breakthrough Hyperbolic Newtonian Astrograph (HNA) optics for the wide-field visual observation and astrophotography.
- The combination of a lightweight sandwich hyperbolic primary mirror and a matching custom corrector provides excellent wide-field performance for both visual observation and astrophotography, with numerous advantages over existing solutions:
- Superb on-axis image quality, with a Strehl ratio greater than 0.99. Much better overall performance than a parabolic mirror with a Ross corrector.
- Meets or exceeds the polychromatic performance of a parabolic mirror with a Wynne corrector, with much fewer problems from ghosting, baffling, and reflections.
- Excellent optical performance for both wide field visual observation and astrograph at an unprecedented price/performance ratio.
- The HNA corrector will be initially available in 3.5-inch versions with a Hubble Optics lightweight-sandwich primary mirrors, 12-inch to 40-inch. The delivery time is about 2-8 months. The complete optical set includes a lightweight-sandwich hyperbolic primary mirror, a high-quality secondary mirror, and a matching custom corrector assembly.
- Our 2-stage Truss Tube OTA is optimized to minimize the thermal focal shift
The Hyperbolic Newtonian Astrographs (HNA) Primary Mirrors
|Diameter and f/#||Plate Primary (US$)||Pyrex Primary (US$)|
|24"-40"||Contact Us||Contact Us|
The HNA corrector
HNA 2-element 99.5% broadband AR coating 3.5" corrector assembly: $1000
The complete HNA OTAs
The complete HNA OTA with 3.5" Feather Touch Focuser
|Diameter and f/#||Price (US$)|